Friday, February 6, 2009

Pineapple Tarts for CNY

Wow! CNY has arrived... To have biscuits is a must... I am proud to tell others that I am making some tarts myself.


This is the pineapple jam for the pineapple tarts. Imagine using a blender to blend four pineapples and cook the juice of them until they become like this... I heard it took some of the people hours doing so (I wonder their sweat mixed well with the jam?) I put the juice into a microwave oven for 2 hours 40 minutes, then cooked it on stove for about 15 minutes. Luckily it did not take me long at the stove... or else I dare anyone would eat my tarts.





These are the tarts which I am going to put into the oven. Bad shapes though, I am not good at art. Next time I should consider slicing my dough into equal sizes and weight, then use a mould to help me. This was the last batch to be put into the oven that day... I made 130 tarts on that day. Another 140 tarts before I got back to the campus.

Well, just to console myself: This is what we call hand-made products. No one blames you for making awful shape cookies, as long as they are edible. I am not following Six Sigma production. Not suitable to be a quality engineer. I think my GR&R (Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility) would be 60%. Don't mind about that... just try to relate what I have learnt in my lectures (maybe my lecturers would be happy listening to this)


Now you see why I said no one cares? They are put into cans... no one will notice the big difference... The trick is at the packaging... Perhaps I should opt for marketing... haha

Odd shapes make more prices... try ask your mothers... It is more original, I guess one of the reason.... Should I chop my mark on my biscuits? Maybe that will be more expensive... Odd makes it special? (That's why we call them home specialty, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment